Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Introducing.... Sconnie #3

As the newest member of Inline Media, I'm proud to say there's yet another Wisconsinite in the group. My name is Kaitlyn and I'm going to be going into my Junior Year at Colorado State this fall. I'm a Business Marketing Major with minors in theatre and music. Future plans? TBD. I still have two years to figure it out. I'm grateful for my opportunity to experience media in this form, and also to be exposed to other forms like creative, sales, and advertising. Inline has made me more aware of commericals, stations, and the different forms of media and how to find out what works best in a market I've never even heard about.

The goal of my internship is to learn everything about Inline Media, consulting, buying, planning, advising, and of course the office work. So, far only being here three weeks, I feel I've picked up on some of the lingo and habits of the office. For instance, I was never one big on T.V. watching, but I have gotten into GLEE, NCIS, and well I only get basic cable let's not get too crazy. However, my knowledge in the programs Inline uses and excel has increased greatly, and I feel more confident in my abilities as the days progress.

After my internship, I will be spending three weeks traveling around Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, and Italy. A college students dream, and burden. I mean if I'm going to be broke, I might as well be really broke. I also plan to study abroad in New Zealand the Spring of '11.

If only for the summer, I hope to provide some relief, so everyone can have a relaxed summer. My first Colorado summer, bring on the sunshine!

-KJ

No comments: